Candidate Skill Evaluations
4 Gas Meter
Review the Training information provided
Practical Skills Evaluation
Complete the Practical Skills Evaluation with an officer or designated member. The evaluator will enter the training with their PIN # for validation.
DEMONSTRATE AND ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
90% to Pass
- What do the 4 different sensors detect? (Lower Explosive Limits LEL, Oxygen Level O2, Carbon Monoxide CO, and Hydrogen SulfideH2S)
- Should an SCBA be worn while using this meter? (Yes)
- What should you do if the alarm/vibrate feature is activated while using the meter during a post fire situation. (If not on air exit building and/or go back SCBA immediately, if on air check readings to determine the cause of activation, then determine course of actions)
- Demonstrate turning on the device.
- Provide the evaluator the O2 reading once ready for use.